Lamyong TVP Mince 1kg
1kg. Ingredients: Textured vegetable protein (TVP), water, vegetable oil, Soy Protein (Non GMO), sugar, salt and vegetarian seasonings.
Vegan. May contain traces of wheat and nuts.
3 cups Textured Soy Protein granules
2 ½ cups boiling water
¼ cup tomato sauce
1 tsp basil
1 x Massel chicken or beef flavoured stock cube, dissolved in the boiling water
½ cup finely chopped onion
3 tbsp cooking oil
¾ cup wholemeal flour
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ tsp marjoram
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp garlic powder
½ cup finely chopped parsley
- In a large bowl mix water, stock, TVP, water, tomato sauce and basil. Let stand for 10 minutes
- Saute onion in oil, add to the TVP mixture and stir through
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well
- Lightly oil a loaf pan and pack mixture tightly in
- Bake at 180C for 45 minutes
- Leave in pan for 10 minutes to set and then turn out
(NB. This is great cold in sandwiches the next day too)
2 cups TVP granules
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
1 cup Massel veggie or beef style stock (in our Food: Savoury section)
¾ cup of tomato juice
½ cup of flour
Fry TVP, onion, garlic, chilli, oregano, salt and tamari together until browned.
Combine stock and tomato juice and bring to the boil.
Add the boiling liquid to the frypan, turn off heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup flour and mix well.
Shape into small balls, pressing them together firmly.
Fry in oil or bake them in the oven (180C) until lightly browned.
Serve with spaghetti and tomato based pasta sauce.