This mature white cheddar vaiety doesn't melt but does has have all the taste of dairy cheese so is great in sandwiches or on crackers. NB. Cheezly is now in new tube packaging to decrease the amount of plastic used and reduce the chance of air bubbles.
If you love cheese but can't or won't eat dairy, Cheezly is for you. A really tasty alternative to cheese, Cheezly is totally free from animal ingredients. So it's perfect for vegetarians and vegans, as well as people who are lactose or casein intolerant. What's more, there are no nasties. Cheezly is also free from hydrogenated fats, gluten, artificial colours/preservatives, cholesterol and GMOs.
250g. Ingredients: water, coconut oil, potato starch, soya protein, yeast extract, thickener: carrageenan, locust bean gum, xanthan gum; salt, flavouring, calcium phosphate, colour: carotene.
Vegan. Dairy-free. Kosher. Palm oil free.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ORDERING COLD PRODUCTS
All orders containing cold products must include a cold pack to keep them cool in transit. The Cold Pack costs $6.00 and will be automatically added to your order when you add a cold product to your shopping cart. There is no limit to how many products you can fit in a Cold Pack. The Cold Pack can be kept for your own use or if you return it to any of the Cruelty Free Shops around Australia you will receive a full refund. Frozen items may defrost in transit, we do not recommend re-freezing. Refrigerated products can only be sent to areas serviced by overnight couriers from Sydney; they cannot be sent by post.
Please refer to the FAQ to see which areas are serviced.
The areas serviced include:
· Victoria: Melbourne and surrounds
· NSW: Sydney, Wollongong, Newcastle and some surrounding areas and parts of Northern NSW
· Queensland: Southern Queensland, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and some surrounding areas
· SA: Adelaide
· ACT: Canberra
We cannot ship refrigerated products to any parts of WA, NT or Tasmania however we can send all our non-cold products anywhere in Australia with Australia Post.
If you are unsure whether your area is serviced please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipe Suggestion - Spanikopita (Greek spinach & cheese pie)
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g baby spinach, washed, dried, trimmed
- 1/4 cup dill leaves, chopped
- 2 packets of cheddar cheezly
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tsp of No Egg mixed with 6 Tbsp of water
- 375g packet filo pastry (see tip)
- Oil or melted vegan margarine (Nuttelex)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until soft. Add spinach and dill. Remove from heat. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until spinach wilts. Transfer to a sieve. Using a wooden spoon, press as much liquid from spinach mixture as possible. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add cheddar, pepper and No Egg mix. Season with salt. Mix well to combine.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 5cm deep, 30cm x 38cm (base) baking dish (see note).
- Place 1 pastry sheet on workbench. Brush with oil. Top with 2 pastry sheets. Brush with oil. Continue to layer pastry, brushing every second layer with oil, to form 10 layers. Use pastry layers to line base of baking dish. Spoon spinach mixture over pastry.
- Using remaining 10 pastry sheets and oil, repeat step 3. Use pastry layers to cover spinach filling. Using a sharp knife, score top of pastry into 24 squares. Brush top with oil. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and crisp. Allow to cool completely in pan. Refrigerate, covered, for 4 hours or overnight if time permits.
- Cut spanakopita into squares. Serve warm or cold (reheating instructions in the notes section).
Notes & tips
- If you don't have 1 large baking dish, you can use two 3cm deep, 15cm x 25cm (base) slab pans. After layering pastry in step 3, cut in half crossways. Use to line pan bases. Divide spinach filling between pans. Layer remaining pastry sheets. Cut in half crossways and use to cover filling.
- To reheat: Preheat oven to 160°C. Place cut spanakopita, in a single layer, on a baking tray. Heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until warm.