Wagon Wheels recipe
Makes 6 wagon wheels
1 cup plain white flour
½ cup sugar or sweetener alternative
½ cup dairy-free margarine
1 tsp baking powder
a dash of vanilla essence
2 tbsp strawberry jam
3 Sweet and Sara vanilla marshmallows cut in half
2 x 100g blocks of Sweet William chocolate
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix margarine and sugar in a bowl together using an electric mixer until it becomes fluffy. If your kitchen is as ill-equipped as mine, you can mix it by hand. Prepare to be frustrated and have a sore arm afterwards though. Slowly add vanilla essence, baking powder and flour. Keep mixing until a soft dough is formed.
- Using the palm of your hand, roll the dough into 12 small flat circles. You could also use a cookie cutter to do this. Line a baking tray and space your biscuits out well. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once your cookies have cooled down, it’s time to assemble your wagon wheels. Spread 1tsp of jam and half a marshmallow onto 6 of your cookies. Sandwich each one with a remaining cookie.
- Over a stove top melt chocolate. Dip each cookie sandwich into melted Sweet William chocolate and place them in the refrigerator.
- Eat once chocolate has set.
Recipe provided by Annette Michalski