Tofu & Vegetable Laksa recipe
2 cups of water
1 Massel vegetable or chicken flavoured stock cube
1.5 Tbsp of vegan Laksa paste (this makes a mild Laksa so increase the amount to taste using small increments as the paste is quite hot)
400ml can of coconut milk
100g packet of dried bean vermicelli (readily available in the Asian food section of supermarkets)
Half a packet of fried tofu puffs (from Asian grocery stores)
Mixed vegetables (we like baby corn, snow peas, mushrooms and broccoli in ours)
Fresh coriander and chilli
- • Soak bean vermicelli in cold water for 15 minutes while preparing laksa.
- • Put water in large saucepan, add stock cube, stir to dissolve and bring to the boil.
- • Add Laksa paste and coconut milk, stir and bring to the boil.
- • Add vegetables and tofu puffs to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- • Drain vermicelli and put half in the bottom of two large soup bowls.
- • Cover with a hand-full of bean sprouts