Tenderhearted Texan Chilli
A spicy stew packed with hearty beans and yummy vegemince! This recipe makes a lot, which is great because it tastes even better for lunch the next day.
Makes 6-8 servings
1 large red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large red or yellow capsicum, diced
1 tablespoon light olive oil
1 package Vegideli Gourmet Meat-Free Mince
2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
3 x 400g cans Global Organics beans, drained and rinsed well (kidney and black beans are a good mix)
4-6 tablespoons Mexican-ish chilli spice blend (Hoyt's Cajun blend is excellent)
2 Massel Beef Style stock cubes
A few grinds of black pepper
- In a large saucepan, fry the onion, garlic and capsicum in the olive oil until the vegetables are softened and beginning to brown.
- Add the beans, mince, stock cubes, chili spice blend and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly to coat the ingredients with the chili spice blend.
- Add the cans of diced tomatoes and about half a can of water, stirring well.
- Bring to a gentle boil, then simmer over low heat for half an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Very nice served with corn chips, guacamole and a salad.