Recipe by Vegan By Eden @veganbyeden (with some modifications)
1 packet vegan filo pastry
375g firm tofu
300g fresh baby spinach
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp onion powder
¼ cup Cruelty Free Pantry Savoury Yeast Flakes
Salt & pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp Nuttelex, melted
½ cup soy milk
- Thaw pastry at room temperature for 2 hrs. Preheat oven to 180C.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add spinach and cook for 1 min, turning frequently, then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Use your hands to crumble the tofu and add it to the bowl.
- Add garlic, lemon juice, onion powder and savoury yeast. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined.
- Melt Nuttelex and mix with soy milk in a separate bowl.
- Brush a 2L baking dish with Nuttelex then lay a sheet of pastry and lightly brush with the margarine and milk mix. Repeat with 5 more sheets. Spread spinach mixture over the top.
- Cover with remaining pastry, brushing each sheet with margarine and milk. Tuck edges into the sides of the dish. Brush the top with margarine and milk and score in diamond patterns.
- Bake for 30-45 mins or until golden. Serve warm.