Spaghetti Carbonara recipe
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
120g frozen peas
125ml Provamel Organic Cream
1 packet VBites Streaky Rashers, cut into strips
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
100g Green Vie Gouda-style cheese, grated
20g Organic Matters Organic Bacon-Style Bits Original
Fresh mint, finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add onions & cook until soft.
- Add streaky rashers, mix well & cook until slightly brown. Add garlic & a little oil if needed. Begin to cook spaghetti in a separate pot for about 8-10 mins or until al dente then drain.
- Add frozen peas to the large pan & cook for 2-3 mins. Add cream & stir until mixed thoroughly, then combine with the cooked pasta.
- Mix in cheese & cook until it has melted then add mint.
- Plate the dish & sprinkle with bacon-style bits. Optional: Add Green Vie Parmesan-style cheese on top & season with salt & pepper.