Pasta Al Tonno
Recipe by Laura Fruit Fairy
100g pasta of choice
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
200g can Nature’s Charm Jackfruit Confit
400g can diced tomatoes
1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
1 tbsp capers
1 tsp powdered wakame (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook pasta for 10 mins or until al dente. Drain pasta in a colander.
- Heat a large pan over a medium high heat. Add jackfruit confit, capers and garlic, and cook, stirring for 1 min or until garlic is golden.
- Add canned tomatoes and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 mins.
- Add mixed Italian herbs and olives and stir until well combined. Optional step: add powdered wakame.
- Transfer pasta to a plate, top with jackfruit sauce and fresh basil.