Jalapeno and Notzarella Stuffed Corn Cakes recipe
This is a Venezuelan food called Cachapas (veganised). Sweet & Savoury fresh corn pancakes are filled with Notzarella, Cherry tomatoes & Jalapeño’s. They can be eaten as a hearty breakfast, light lunch or a snack… actually any excuse will do!
Serves 2 (Large Pancakes or 4 Small)
3 cups fresh,frozen corn or tinned
3/4 cup almond or soy milk
2/3 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
2 tbsp sugar
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup Mozzarella-style cheese (or any that will melt)
Jalapenos to taste
Salt & Pepper to season.
- Combine corn, milk, flour, ground flaxseed, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a food processor and pulse until it resembles creamed corn. (Add extra milk if you think it's too thick.)
- Let the batter sit for 10 minutes and stir a few times before using.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of batter and spread on the pan using a circular motion. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on one side. Flip and cook the other side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese, jalapenos & sliced cherry tomatoes on the cooked side after you’ve flipped it the first time. After the bottom has cooked for 2 minutes, season it well and fold the pancake over the cheese like an omelet. Cook for another minute to melt the cheese.
Recipe provided by www.theveganpantry.com.au