Easy Vegan Cheesecake
- 2 tubs of Tofutti cream cheese
- 1 tub of Tofutti sour supreme
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp flour or cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
250g of plain, sweet biscuits (eg we used Busy Bees Gingerbread Cookies)
140g vegan margarine, melted (eg Nuttelex)
Let cream cheese and sour cream warm to room temperature.
- Put biscuits in a food processor and process until finely crushed.
- Add margarine and process until well combined.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Using the back of a spoon spread and press the biscuit mixture firmly over the base and side of the pan.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 30 mins to chill.
- Pre-heat oven to 175C.
Put cream cheese, sour supreme, lemon juice, sugar, flour and vanilla into a blender.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the chilled crust
Place in the oven and bake at 175C for 50-55 minutes or until centre is set.
- Cool on a rack until it's at room temperature, then cover and put in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Decorate with berry drizzles or shaved chocolate or piles of mixed berries.