Cheesy potato bake recipe
Recipe by Evelyn Angelopoulos @nourishnotpunish | Serves 8
4 medium-large white potatoes, thinly sliced
1 ½ cups soy milk
2 tbsp vegan butter
2 tbsp gluten free plain flour
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 ½ cups shredded vegan cheese
Salt & pepper
Herbs of choice (we recommend rosemary)
- Grease a medium oven-proof baking dish & preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a small saucepan, combine soy milk & butter. Whisk over medium heat.
- Add turmeric & flour, whisk.
- Once it starts to boil, add 1 cup vegan cheese. Mix thoroughly then turn off heat.
- Place one layer of thinly sliced potatoes in the baking dish. Add salt & pepper to taste, herbs of your choice & sprinkle on extra cheese. Pour on some cheesy mix from the saucepan.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- Top with herbs & bake for 1 hr & 10 mins.