Cheese polenta chips recipe
Recipe by David Nightingale
- Put vegetable stock & water in a pot, add polenta, salt & garlic paste. Slowly bring to the boil, whisking continually. When it thickens, add the cheese & mix thoroughly.
- Line a bread tin with baking paper & pour the mix in, tapping the tin to even the mixture out.
- Cool in the fridge for 4 hrs, then carefully tap the firm mix out onto a chopping block.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- With a sharp knife, cut the polenta into large chips or wedges. Line a flat baking tray with baking paper. Place the chips on the tray & brush with oil on all sides.
- Garnish with salt & optional herbs like rosemary or thyme & bake for 15 mins, then flip and bake for another 10 mins or until crispy. Serve with hot sauce or tomato sauce.