BBQ Pulled 'Pork' recipe
This BBQ pulled ‘pork’ burger can be made in less than 30 minutes and tastes absolutely epic! It also happens to be gluten free! The recipe makes enough for 4 burgers but we recommend you divide it between 2 so that you can have a very hearty serving size.
2 x 565g tins jackfruit
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp cumin
1-2 tbsp oil
½ cup water
¼ cup BBQ sauce (if making gluten free, check the BBQ sauce ingredients or label to ensure it’s gluten free)
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit, then cut the core off each piece and discard. Break up the remaining jackfruit with your hands or use a potato masher and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and cumin. Pour the mixture into the bowl of jackfruit and stir in thoroughly.
- Heat a pan and add the oil. Put the jackfruit mix in and heat on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the BBQ sauce and water then mix thoroughly. Leave to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on a bun with salad and extra BBQ sauce.